International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
"Bioinformatics: Computer Methods in Molecular and Systems Biology"
AREA Science Park - Trieste, ITALY
23 - 27 May 2016
In order to successfully participate in the summer school each student should bring a laptop.
The minimum requirements are:
- relatively recent (e.g. max. 3 to 4 years old)
- at least 4GB RAM
- a wifi card
- at least a few GB of free disk space
- one of the following operating systems: Windows 7 or 8 (and probably 10); Mac OS X; any recent Linux distribution
- The cleaner your installation is, the better (i.e. try to remove unnecessary applications). Please double check if your laptop is free of viruses and/or malware (several free virus scanners can be found on the internet, e.g. Microsoft Security Essentials).
- If you are not sure if your laptop fits these requirements, or if you have other questions, please contact us as soon as possible.
We will need the following software to be installed:
1. Putty, Terminal software, more info at http://www.putty.org/
2. Oracle Java JRE 32bit or Oracle Java JRE 64bit
3. Update your Universal C Runtime from Microsoft Web Site
4. VcxSRCV 32bit or VcxSRCV 64bit
5. Thin client
1. Oracle Java JRE (x86_64 RPM)
2. Thin client (x86_64 RPM) OR Thin client (amd64 DEB)
If you are confident with installing these items, pls go ahead, otherwise we will help you on the first day of the course.